Obituary for Gladys Milligan Russ
- Name: Gladys Milligan Russ
- Home Town: Shallotte
- Date of Death: 02/07/2017
- Birth Place: Brunswick County, NC
- Birth Date: 02/23/1915
- Service Date: 02/12/2017 at 03:00 PM
- Visit Date: 02/12/2017
- Visit Times: One Hour Prior to the Service
- Service Place: Camp United Methodist Church
- Interment: Brooks Cemetery
- Gladys Elizabeth Milligan Russ, 101, of Shallotte died Tuesday, February 7, 2017. Born in Brunswick County, NC, on February 23, 1915, she was a daughter of Harvey D. Milligan and Dora Mae White Milligan. In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her husband, Daniel Clarence Russ, son, Clarence Michael Russ, four brothers, four sisters; and two great grandchildren, Morgan King and Jackson Bland.
She and her husband owned and operated D. C. Russ General Store in Shallotte for many years. She was a Sunday school teacher for many years at Camp United Methodist Church where she was the oldest member. She was a retired teacher assistant with the Brunswick County school system. Also, she was a member of The Eastern Star for many years.
Surviving are her daughter, Gloria Russ Bland (Harold) of Shallotte; son, Harvey Russ (JoAnn) of Hickory, NC; sister, Melba Faye Hefelfinger of Wrightsville Beach; daughter-in-law, Mary Russ, Wilmington; sisters-in- law, Polly Milligan, Vella Mae Milligan, and Flo Milligan; eight grandchildren; and twenty one great grandchildren.
Funeral services will be conducted at 3:00 PM, Sunday, February 12, from Camp United Methodist Church by The Rev. Richard Vaughan. Interment will follow in Brooks Cemetery. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service at the Church.
Casket Bearers will be Greg Bland, Chris Bland, Stephen Russ, Matt Alberts, Roy Holler, and Michael King.
Memorials may be directed to Camp United Methodist Church Building Fund, POB 776, Shallotte, NC 28459 or the SECU Hospice of Brunswick, 1414 Physicians Drive, Wilmington, NC 28401.
On-line condolences may be sent to the family at www.brunswickfuneralservice.com.
Brunswick Funeral Service, Shallotte
If you wish to sign the Guest Book for Gladys Milligan Russ, please click here.